Account Safety Guide
We work hard to provide a safe, secure, fun and inclusive marketplace for buyers, sellers and renters. If a transaction doesn’t go quite right, someone is attempting to deceive others, or if you notice any prohibited items or behaviour, please contact us and we’d be happy to help.
- Don’t share your personal contact information (such as phone number or email address with anyone). We can’t help with interactions outside of the DW app or website.
- Message your buyer or seller through DW Chat, to ensure there is a record of it.
- Download our official App from the Apple App Store, where the developer of the App is Designer Wardrobe Ltd.
- Do not share your account or password with anyone, including third-party websites. DW will never ask you for your password.
- Come up with a great password that’s hard to guess, and change it frequently. Passwords that are non-dictionary phrases (and include numbers and special characters) are the strongest. Do not use the same password for more than one account, or repeat passwords.
- If you allow your children to use your account, closely monitor their purchases and interactions with sellers.
- Before buying online, read the listing and look at the photo(s) carefully. Ask the seller any questions before you make payment or make an offer.
- Report any questionable or prohibited items.
- Never give out your personal financial (payment) information or contact information to another user, especially if they are asking for it outside of our App or site.
- To protect you, transactions must be done through the App or site. We do not offer Purchase Protection if the payment is transmitted outside of the App or our site.
- Thoroughly inspect the item upon delivery. Buyers have 24 hours from delivery to open a dispute. Once Purchase Protection has expired, all sales are final.